About Liz Kotarska
- Advanced Hypnotherapist and HypnoHealer
- Member of the Corporation of Advanced Hypnotherapy
- Thought Field Therapist (Callahan Techniques) diagnostic level
- Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (non-practising)
I began my career in chartered surveying, working in the field of commercial property, and remain a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Whilst some aspects of this profession may seem to have little in common with my work as a hypnotherapist, the values acquired in this environment are very relevant.
Such values include:-
- Maintaining high professional standards,
- Ensuring my client is properly informed and prepared,
- Respecting client confidentiality,
- Analysis and understanding of what my client wants to achieve
- Working towards that desired outcome
- Having the flexibility to adjust as the client makes changes during the progress of the work
So, having taken a career break in order to raise my family, I returned to my original profession, aware that perhaps it wasn't something I felt passionate about any longer, but not yet knowing what would fill that role instead. Returning to work triggered a spell of separation anxiety in one of my children. Usually bright and confident, this child became tearful and unsure of themselves. I was recommended to go to a hypnotherapist and everything was back to normal within three sessions.
This so impressed me that I decided to try hypnosis for myself. Underlying the usual ups and downs of family life I had long had the feeling that there ‘must be more to it all than this'. For me, hypnotherapy was a life changing experience. It began to dawn on me that the only thing in my way was me and my underlying subconscious beliefs which held me back. As a result of this work I realised that I just had to train as a hypnotherapist myself and deliver its many benefits to others. I qualified in Advanced Hypnotherapy in 2004 and was consequently accepted as a Member of the Corporation of Advanced Hypnotherapy. I have since been practising from consulting rooms at my home at East Bergholt, helping private clients and offering self-hypnosis courses and workshops.
During 2007 I trained to Diagnostic level as a Thought Field Therapy practitioner (Callahan Techniques).
As a professional I believe it is important to continue to develop my skills and I have attended many training courses and workshops. The very best training however is gained through working with clients and I would like to thank the hundreds of individuals who, over the years, have entrusted me with the task of helping them with their problems.